Wednesday, July 20, 2011

More Cakes

My recent cakes... just putting them up for me, really.
This one I made for a friend's baby shower.  I will never attempt this again since I piped all the words (crazy)!  Plus, I can't stand my handwriting and as a perfectionist when it comes to my cakes, it just drove me nuts!  I'm sure there was an easier way to do this... but alas I did not do it that way.  Oh well.

This one I made for my father-in-law last night.  This one... I LOVED making and took me only about 20 minutes to put together!  Can't beat that!!!  It was good.  Chocolate icing, covered in Heath bars (my father-in-law's favorite candy) and then my butter-cream icing and gum-paste for the grass.  EASY!  And it was SOOOO good!  

Hope everyone is having a great week so far.  Honestly can't believe I have been writing all week!  Go me!  Thank you all for your wonderful comments Monday, it really touched my heart.  Things have been pretty good this week, just want to get past tomorrow!  :)

17 comments:

Nessa said...

Lyrn - these are beautiful. What fun! I know that tomorrow will be hard - but you should celebrate how far your marriage and love have come... that you are closer to your husband than ever before. Praying for you.

Stacy said...

Great cakes - I am also a cake decorator (low key) you can check my blog for pics!

I was going to say that nursery rhyme one must have been hard, I can't write for the life of me...

Jessica said...

These are so cute! You did a great job!

Lauren said...

That golf cake is so cute! I may have to break that our for Hubby at some time...the crunched up Heath bars really make it look like sand!

Hailey said...

Those are amazing! That top one DOES look time consuming! We have a lot of golfers in my family. I may have to give that bottom one a try sometime.

Brittany said...

Oh my goodness! You are so talented! I love the nursery rhyme book!

Melanie @ Smiley Melly said...

Wow! You are so incredibly talented! Love these! =)

Christina said...

Wow! These look awesome!
You're one talented mama! ;)

Katie A. said...

Wow! You are so talented! Amazing...wish I was able to make cakes like that!

The Whity Wife said...

those are both so cute! I have never seen one like the golf one before!!

Allison said...

Those look awesome! I may have to steal that golf one!

very married said...

is there anything you can't do? your photography is amazing and now you're telling me that you can decorate cakes like a pro? wowee!

Angie said...

I love the cakes they are pretty and I bet they taste good too :)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Oh my gosh these cakes are AMAZING!! I am beyond impressed!

Our Baby "D" said...

Those cakes are AWESOME. My dad would love that golf cake-you're so talented!

I hope your week went well and you're doing okay. Your writing has been an inspiration, thank you for doing what you do!

Alicia said...

Wow! Those are GORGEOUS!!!!!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

These are awesome!!! You are I just found your blog and have read through some of your archives. I totally respect and admire you and the grace you have shown despite your circumstances. Looking forward to following along and reading more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...