Thursday, February 14, 2008

Dance

Dance: (from French danser, perhaps from Frankish) generally refers to movement of the body, usually rhythmic and to music, used as a form of expression, social interaction or presented in a spiritual or performance setting.

The word dance is more than just a definition. It lives within me, it drives me, and it’s my passion! I have not danced for over a year, and I have felt that piece of me slip away. I feel like I have lost something. And for the longest time I couldn't figure it out. But a few weeks ago, I was listening to Nichole Nordeman’s song "I AM" and I just started to cry. I had no idea where this was coming from. As I just sat in my car with my head on my steering wheel, I yelled at myself saying "Why are you crying Lyryn?" As I just sat there in silence I just started to pray and really listen to the words of the song. At the end of the song, on the last verse, I felt like God was spelling it out for me.

The winds of change,
And circumstance blow in and all around us so we find a foothold that’s familiar,
And bless the moments that we feel You nearer Life had begun,
I was woven and spun,
You let the angels dance around the throne,
who can say when,
But they’ll dance again,
when I am free and finally headed home.

Now, I understand that this verse is talking about the angles dancing around the throne, but in a way, my tears were out of jealousy. I wanted to be the one dancing around His throne again! I wanted to be the one dancing in His presence. You see, dancing is away that I can be with my Lord in such an intimate way. It’s were I am vulnerable to His voice, His touch, and His embrace. It’s where I feel my (Godly) Daddy!

So now that I know what is missing, I need to do it. I just don’t have the space in my home and UOPC won’t let me dance there anymore. I need to work on dances! It’s what is going to make me feel like myself again! Lord, provide me a place to dance!! I want to dance for you again!!

No comments: