Thursday, June 23, 2011

Seeing The World Through My Lens

I'm not going to act like I have been taking pictures my entire life or that being a photographer was a dream I had when I was little.  Because in all honesty, photography wasn't really anything I thought much about "seriously" until Jesse and I went through our "rough patch".  Photography was something I found within myself when I was losing everything else.  Photography was an outlet for me to be creative when everything around me was crashing down.

My wonderful cousin sparked an interest in me to take up photography.  Even though she is 6 years younger than me she has been a huge inspiration and her work is phenomenal!  However, my children are my muses.  If I want to try something new, they are the first ones I experiment on.  I don't post half of the things I shoot of them... they are just mine to have and keep dear to my heart.

I know for sure this is something I want to do forever.  I get such joy and pleasure from taking pictures and capturing people's realness for them to treasure always.  Every time I head out to a photo-shoot I never think of it as work.  For me it's just fun and I get excited to see what type of personality will come shining though my lens that day.  I love getting to meet new people through this and I feel like I can do almost  anything when I'm talking about my work. 

Whether it's taking pictures of a sexy pregnant belly (I think every pregnant woman is so beautiful except for me), or a fresh newborn just welcomed into the world, these shoots always remind me how important life is and what a gift it truly is. 

The thrill of capturing pure joy and  love as a couple gets ready to become man and wife.  Taking in every aspect of the wedding so they can always remember their special day.  There is not much like it.

But by far, my most favorite thing to capture when taking pictures is the rawness of children.  I love photographing children!  They can be hard at times, yes.  But it is so fun and so worth all the wiggling and giggling.  I love it. 
I know I'll never be a "big time" photographer, and I know there is still so much to learn.  But photography makes me feel like I'm good at something, that I can make people's happy memories last forever.  The world through my lens isn't always perfect but all that really matters to me is that I have fun doing what I love.  

And this is something I love!


13 comments:

Pamela said...

The photos you capture do show how much you love the craft. It's such fun when we find something our heart enjoys.

Have a blessed week -- full of joy!
Blessings,
Pamela

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

I love the last group of pictures! So sweet.

Unknown said...

you are such a good photographer!!!

Tonja said...

I think you are an amazing photographer!

And I will be emailing you shortly :)

Melissa said...

You're good! I always say I'm gonna learn my camera better. Maybe one day

On Scene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Dirnberger said...

You are GREAT at what you do!!!! I wish you lived by me :)

very married said...

i don't think that it had to be a lifelong passion for you to be fabulous at it.

Meredith said...

Totally understand every bit of this post.

Angie said...

You take great shots! I love your photography.

I love taking pics and sometimes I'd like to do a better job, but for now I play :)

Allie said...

You can really see your passion through your work. Having a job that is something you love makes it that much better. I love the last set of pictures!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Those pictures are fabulous! You are very talented and keep at it and its such a fun hobby!

Moments and Impressions said...

You take the most gorgeous photos... so full of emotion.