Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Day of School

My little man had his first day of preschool yesterday. So sad how quickly he is growing up, it was just yesterday I was bringing him home from the hospital. But even between the reminiscing and tears there is also a lot of excitement for what the future is going to hold for this amazing little boy.

As I was looking back at my blog to see what I wrote about last year I realized that I never wrote anything about him going to preschool for the FIRST time! MOMMY Fail! So let me just catch you up. Jayden started preschool last year at the church that Jesse and I grew up in. My mom was even a board member when the preschool first opened. I KNEW that when I had kids I would want to send my children to this preschool. And after last year, I’m so glad I did. He had wonderful teachers, has a great class and LOVES school. All summer long we would pass the church and he would ask “Mommy, is my school back yet?” He just could not wait to get back in the classroom.

Last year, Jayden wasn’t thrilled as he walked into his first time ever classroom. He didn’t know what to make of it and didn’t understand why mommy would be leaving him there. Of course he warmed up to it quickly and started to be very comfortable there with no hesitation when I dropped him off.

 However this year? On his first day? Shy Jayden was just no where to be seen! He didn’t look back even once, not even to say "bye" or "see ya later mom!" Walked his way in there like he owned the place; saw friends from last year and did his thing.

Oh my baby is SOOOO not a baby anymore. MY baby is now big boy who loves to be his own person, socialize and learn. He is energetic and fun and loves to help. When I went to pick him up his teacher told me that he has matured so much over the summer. She told me how polite and helpful he was. Saying “Yes ma’am” and always saying his “please and thank you's” She said a group of them were having such a silly time and by mistake they all bumped heads and Jayden cut his lip. She was so proud of how they all apologized to Jayden and how quickly Jayden forgave them. Let me just say, she wasn’t the only proud one in the room after hearing that.

I have a feeling this year is going to be a good year for Jayden.

Anyone else have kids starting school this year? How are you handling it?


11 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Aww the report from his teacher even made me feel proud ;)

Unknown said...

How sweet! He is soooo handsome! I L.O.V.E first day of school pictures! THanks for this update!

Mrs. Mama said...

what a sweetheart, and he looks so grown up!!!

Jessica said...

Man, look at the difference from last year to this year! He sure has grown! Riley starts preschool next Thursday & I am so nervous. He keeps saying he's ready to go to school, but I just don't know how he's going to do bc he cries at church because he wants his sister. They usually have to walk him down to her room to see her. It's so sweet, but hard at the same time. I'm praying he does better at school!

Tonja said...

Jacob started kindergarten this year and I thought I was going to be emotional, but I wasn't. I was excited for him. And Tyler started MDO 2 days a week and that hit me harder because he is my baby. Next year preschool is going to kill me!

Lauren said...

He is so so precious!!! :) What a proud Momma you must be!!

Megan Ashley said...

He sure has grown in the last year! So handsome. Hope he has a great year

Sassytimes said...

Awe, we had our first day of preschool today too. S did amazing, had the time of her life, and was so proud of herself for being so brave (without me there). I only cried a little after I left her...which surprised me. I thought I'd cry the entire time she was gone - but luckily, I had E to cheer me up and keep me company. Surprisingly, I was more excited for her than sad for me.

Katie said...

He is so cute!!

Moments and Impressions said...

Look how much he has grown. I just started looking into preschools for next year... and so it begins.

Michelle said...

Yay! So glad to hear he loves school!