Monday, September 15, 2008

Proverbs 31 Woman

Through out my life, I have had amazing women in my life to show me what it is to be a strong, godly woman. I'm blessed to have these women in my life and know God has put them in my life for a reason. But just recently, God has challenged me to discover for myself what HE considers to be a Godly woman. Not that the women in my life aren't already on that path, but for ME to understand for myself what he wants for me as a wife, mother, friend, and daughter. This past year, he is not only trying to show me who I am as a person, but who I am as a woman, and as a wife. Even through all the hurt and the pain, God still reminds me to first examine myself. Have I been a Proverbs 31 woman?

In Proverbs God clearly gives guidelines for how a virtuous woman should live. He talks about her character as a wife, her devotion as a homemaker, her effectiveness as a mother, and over all excellence as person. The question that now comes to mind is who is this woman and how can I get what she’s got? Have I fallen short to what God has called me to be? Am I even making strides to become this woman or have I been so consumed with my own problems that I sometimes forgotten that there is a piece of her within me that I discovered months ago? I know she’s there, I’ve seen her… but I feel like since my world came crashing down she’s gone back into hiding.

This past week, I have been on my face asking God to show me once again what it was he showed me just a few months ago. Showing me who I am, not only as a person, but as a woman! A refresher course is desperately needed and I don’t want to fail out again!! God, bring me to that place again where you humbled, where you stood with me and walked with me. I want that from you, I want to be that person you called me to be!

No comments: