Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Rundown

***CHRISTMAS EVE***

Christmas Eve with the Balla clan is one night of the year I look forward to more than anything. It’s special; a night so important to me that no one can really understand and sometimes thinks I’m crazy for being so traditional about it. Christmas Eve is my favorite night of the year and is when I feel Christmas the most. Christmas Day doesn’t even come close
to how special Christmas Eve night is, and I don’t want that to ever change.

Our night starts off with a variety of amazing Hungarian foods made by my fabulous Hungarian father. There is lots of laughing and talking loud like all of us Balla’s do best! You would think that because we see each other every Wednesday we wouldn’t have so much to say, but we all come up with more to talk about each time! Then it’s off to church to see Leigha in the Christmas Eve service. I think I’m going to just leave it at that because I was quite embarrassed and was extremely happy when the whole thing was over.

As tradition has it, all of us kids get into our Pj’s or sweats and get cozy on the couch in front of the tree. And just like clock work my mom brings out her camera and tells us to get out stocking to take yet another years Christmas picture in front of the tree. This year I brought my camera and thought to take the pictures myself also I did them before church so we wouldn’t look all scruffy!







***CHRISTMAS MORNING
***

Christmas morning was a little different… Jesse had to go into work, but was home by 9. I made breakfast and watched “A Christmas Story” while I waited for him to arrive. When he got home we let Jayden open his gifts. We only bought Jayden two things, but the two things he got, he loved. I have a few picture of Christmas morning below. Jesse made me a cup that had our wedding date on it. It was sweet and he made it, so he got points for that one.

Then we headed to the Yacoes for Christmas dinner. It was nice, better than I thought it would be. It was nice to just sit around the table and talk. Jayden made out good with gifts, thanks to aunt rozzie! She went a little crazy this year, but he is the only nephew she has.

In all honesty this Christmas was a pretty nice one. I didn’t have high hopes for that but it was. I need to keep reminding myself I’m blessed and that 2009 is going to be different. I just need to start looking at it in a positive way instead of living in the past; the only person I’m hurting is myself, by living that way.

God, help me walk out 2009 with a new look on life and my eyes on you!

No comments: