Friday, February 13, 2009

To Those I Love...

This Valentines is going to be special!

This year means so much more than it ever has in the past. We tend to go through our busy lives taking advantage of what we have right in front of us, not always acting out love to the ones we care most about. Sometimes rarely letting the ones we love know how much we really do love them. Whether or not you believe to celebrate Valentine’s Day for the true history of St. Valentine or believe it's only a day to make the resellers of the products bought for this holiday richer ultimately rest on your own conscience. But the day still makes you think about love...

The concept of Valentines is good, but it should be practiced everyday! It’s not about the gifts or cards, though us women sure love our chocolate and it sure does make us feel super special when someone cares enough to send flower to work the day before Valentines (because Valentines is on Saturday this year) so everyone can "Ooh and Ah" over how awesome your husband is for sending such a beautiful bouquet. (Thanks sweetie) It’s about LOVE! Not just about your significant other, it about all the people you love.

God gives us an amazing definition of love is 1 Corinthians 13. There are times I fail at all that God has asks of us in that verse, but God loves us so much that he forgives us when we fail. I no longer want to my feeling be unsaid. So this year I'm going to tell all the people who mean the most to me how much I love them on this very special Valentines.

To my Love - I love how you know me inside and out and I love how you make me laugh. I love your passion and joy and I love watching you become the best father ever. I love how God is growing us to be a better couple and renewing our covenant to something so much better than we ever could have imaged. I love that God choose you as my help mate and life partner.

To my Little Man - I love that God gave you to me at just the right time. I love that you have your fathers eyes and (almost positive) his personality. I love the way you look at me and tell me you love me without saying a word. I love that you are so creative and so full of life. I love that you’re my son.

To my Mommy - I love that you love to encourage and support your children in all that they do. I love that I can tell you anything and that you can be honest with me and still love me for who I am no matter what I say or do. I love that you are a mom that fights for her children and will do anything to help them in a time of need. I love your example of how to be a mother and I can only hope to be as good as you. I love that you’re my mommy.

To my Daddy - I love your quiet and gentle spirit. I love the example you have set as a father and have shown my brothers how to be an amazing and loving husband because you are one of the best I know. I love how Jayden thinks you are the best thing since sliced bread, because I sure thought the same when I was his age. I love that you are my daddy!

To Brenty Boy - I love your servant’s heart. I love your excitement and joy for life and how you have great anticipation for what God has for you. I love to watch as you run after God heart with such passion. I love that you’re my brother.

To my Newest Sister-In-Love - I love that you complete my brother. I love how you complement one another and have the same hopes and dreams. I love how you encourage and speak such life into others. I love that you’re my sister.

To Ducky - I love your quiet strength and your energetic will to always be a better person. I love your passion for business and your incredible talent. I love that you love your wife like Jesus loves the church. I love that you're my brother.

To my Kater - I love that you married my brother! I love how much you LOVE others and how loyal you are to the people that you care about. I love that we have grown so much together. I love that you bring out my silly side and let me be real with you. I love your creativity and the way you can turn anything dull into something beautiful. I love that you are my sister.

To Johnna - I love your confident personality and your spunky sense of humor. I love your refined fashion sense and your keen insight into style. I love how close we are becoming and that I get to share this special time in your life with you. I love that you are my sister.

To Ashley - I love your heart. I love that you want to strive to be a better person and I love to see how much you are growing in that. I love that you have a passion for writing and how much it’s letting you express yourself. I love that you are my sister.

To Leigh - I love that you came to live with us. I love that you have a child like character and want nothing more than to fight for what’s right in this world. I love your compassion for animals. I love that you are my sister.

To My Parent -In-Love’s - I love that you have always treated me like a daughter and loved me so much. I love that the Balla and Yacoe family mesh so well together. I love that Jane was my dance leader and how she showed me to love God with all that I am. I love that you raised such a gentleman. I love that you’re my in-laws.

To Rozzie - I love how much you have grown, not just as a person but in your walk with God. I love your passion for dance and art. I love seeing how much you look up to your brother and that you cherish your time with one another. I love how supportive you are to your friends and how you always rise to occasion. I love that you're my sister - in - love.

To Hadassah - I love that I can speak to you in a way I can't speak to anyone else. I love your "old soul" and your love for our family heritage. I love your photography and how you want it to impact the world. I love that you speak up and fight for things that are wrong in this world and how you are on your face and in constant prayer about them. I love that you are my cousin.

To Jereimah - I love that you have been more like a brother than a cousin to me. I love that you look for the kind of love your parents have in a soul mate. I love that you have come into your own and have become such a man of God. I love your protective nature and I love how you make time for Jesse and I and pray for us daily. I love that you’re my cousin.

To my BFF - I love that I met you when I did and that God knew we needed each other at that moment. I love your loyalty and your servant’s heart to go above and beyond. I love that we share the same passions and know what each other is thinking without even saying a word. I love how we can go forever without talking or seeing one another and come together like no time has passed. I love that you’re my Best Friend.

To My Kasey - I love how much you care about others. I love that you go out of your way to make people feel special and never expect anything in return. I love that I can tell you anything and it stays just between you and I. I love that our friendship has grown into something great this past year. I love that you have become one of my dearest friends.

To Kesh – I love the growth I have seen this year and how much your walk with God has strengthened you and your marriage. I love the example you have set as a wife and I look up to that immensely. I love that you always have encouraging words to say and have a way of making me feel that much better when we talk. I love that you’re the older sister I never had.

To Bryan and Kerstin – I love seeing how far you both have come and what God has done with your family. I love that God has put to you in my life for a reason and that great things have come of it. I love that you are always supporting and encouraging my marriage and praying for us daily. I love your compassionate hearts and your counseling spirits. I love that you guys are one of our closest friends.


Trust me... there are so many more people on my list. I love you all and you all know who you are. Thank you so much for being such a significant part of my life. This Valentines I would encourage you to take a few moment and really think about the people you love and letting them know how much you care about them. You never know who you are going to bless or how you will be blessed in return.

Happy Valentines Everyone!!

2 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

wow lyryn, that was so awesome of you to have done that...it challenged me...I may have to do my own. I LOVE that you're my sister, too. xoxo...happy valentines day.

Kasey said...

love you sooo much. thanks for sharing your heart. you honest love is so refreshing.