Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yacoe 2008 Recap (Balla Family Christmas Letter addition)

2008 was full of the growing pains of life. There were ups and downs and big messes in-between, but we know that through the “pain” God is making us a stronger family. As our family begins to grow, we are more aware that Satan wants nothing more than to take it all away from us. But we have learned that God is our rock and that we can never take our eyes off of him. We are learning that we are human and we are going to constantly fail one another, but Jesus will always be there to catch us when we fall. For the rest of our life, 2008 will be a year we will always remember. I believe that in time, this will be a good thing!

Jayden, our one and only for the time being, is now sixteen-months-old. He’s got daddy’s eyes and mommy’s lips, but I also have gotten a lot of “He looks like Brent” comments. Jayden is a fireball, full of life and such a handful! You can’t take him anywhere without people stopping and telling us how adorable he is. I normally smile and say thank you, but inside I’m beaming like a proud mommy would. Of course I’m supposed to think he is the next Gerber Baby - I’m his mommy!!! He is a quick learner. He started walking at 10 months and has learned to sign - though he sometimes mixes up what he is trying to say and uses all the signs at once to get our attention! I’m looking forward to seeing how much he is going to change this year. I can’t wait to see what my little man is slowly turning into.

Jesse changed jobs in November and has gone to work at Pet Smart as the Presentation Manager. He is doing a fantastic job! Not so long ago, Jesse overheard his Store Manager tell his District Manager that Jesse will one day be DM (District Manager) material. Jesse is an excellent manager and each new job teaches him more about what he is capable of doing. I’m proud of what he has accomplished. I can only pray that God shows him daily a path that will encourage him to believe that God does have a destiny for him, and though there might be bumps in the road, God will lead him right where he needs be.

Jesse is a spectacular father. I am so lucky to have a man who when asked to watch Jayden for the afternoon so I can get out of the house, is more than willing to do it - unlike some hubbies who look dumbfounded that you even asked, and have no idea where any of the baby items are even kept. Jesse’s mom taught him well! He is a team player when it comes to Jayden and I am so thankful for that.

As for me, though I’m happy to see the end of 2008, I learned a lot this year that will follow me always and forever impact my life. I learned about who I am and what I am capable of as a person. I learned that I AM a strong woman and in hard times I can rise to the occasion. I learned that I am smarter than I feel at times, and I have an administrative gift in business. I learned how to be a mom, and at times, do it alone. I l earned that things are never as they might seem to be and that I should always, I mean ALWAYS, go with my gut! I learned what it really means to be in a covenant and fight for something I believe in. I discovered new passions for writing and photography that I never realized I had. I hope that someday I will be able to write a book about my life and start a photography business. I learned to rely on my God for EVERYTHING, knowing that if I do that, he will work it all out.

Galatians 6:9-10
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

No comments: