Saturday, October 16, 2010

Little Man is 3!

My “oldest” baby is turning 3 today. Where has the time gone? It was just yesterday that I was in labor with him. I can remember every detail like it all just happened. I can even remember his smell as a baby. I do miss that smell. I’m continually amazed at how fast he’s growing. My little bundle of joy is still a joy, but now he has a crazy, rambunctious mind of his own. Where, oh, where did the time go…

Dear Jayden,

YOU ARE LOVED! I am so honored that God chose me to be your mommy. I am humbled that God saw fit for ME to help raise you into the man you will one day become. I am blessed to have such an amazing little man in my life. My life would be incomplete without you in it.

Though you are still small, yet you do things very big. Your personality, much like your daddy, is carefree and spontaneous. Your laughter is contagious and you always know how to get your mommy and daddy rolling on the floor. Your desire to say hello to everyone you see with a big smile and a wave warms my heart. Your imagination excites me, and I love our time at the park. Your spirit is pure and your joy is abundant, you always have a way of brightening my day.
I’ll never be perfect
My patience may run thin
I may not always keep my cool
Or be here when you get in

I may not have it figured out
Or have the right words to say
I may stumble at times
Or get off track along the way

But know this my son
You are precious to me
I love you with all my heart
I hope that you can see

I’ve been given a gift
To nurture and love
I’ll always do my best
Because you’re my gift from above

Love Mommy.

6 comments:

Erin said...

oh i hope he has a sweet birthday!! :)

Kristin Williams Balla said...

And he is blessed to have you as his mother!

Leslie G said...

What sweet pictures! And yes, time does fly... my baby is about to turn 2! =(

Elizabeth said...

So, so precious! Happy Birthday, sweet boy! :)

The Life of Susan said...

precious!!! happy birthday jay jay!!!

Amber said...

That is the sweetest poem ever! They grow up too fast!