Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Reminder Of Love

As I was doing my devotions this morning and was reflecting on this holiday of love, I felt the urge to type a few things down.  Though I think this holiday should be practiced all year long; the bottom line is we all often get wrapped up in our hectic lives, we sometimes forget to tell people we care most about how we truly feel.  Especially the ones we are closest to!

I sometimes forget that if things would have gone in another direction, my life might not be where it is today.  I sometimes forget how blessed I am to have a man in my life that adores me and loves me despite all my imperfections.  I sometimes forget that I have forgiven my husband for his past, and sometimes still take my hurt feelings out on him every now and then.  I sometimes forget "God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners." Romans 5:8

I know that our love story isn't some romantic fairy tale and (if I'm being honest) still at times find myself saying "God, why did this happen to us?"  But it HAS made us who we are today.  It has made me the woman I am today; has made my husband the amazing man he is today and has brought a refreshing appreciation and unconditional love to our marriage.  All because of the example of our heavenly Father's love for us.


We know that our marriage will never be perfect and we will always make mistakes as we walk through life.  But when we do, we are reminded of where we have been and what we have walked through and are thankful for God's faithfulness to us and our lives. Because for us, we will always have hope in what He has walked us through to get us to where we are today.


Today most people are celebrating the love they have in their lives, but there are also those dealing with great pain and heartache today as well.  I can tell you, I have been there.  I feel your pain and I empathize with your breaking heart.  To those who are really struggling with their marriage and find themselves questioning what love really is, there is hope.  To those who are working through something big (i.e. an affair, sickness or heart break of any kind), there is HOPE.  To those who are single and feel like your day will never come, THERE IS HOPE.  Why?  Because He is faithful!  


This Valentines... I am blessed!  I'm reminded of God's promise for our marriage and how far this marriage has come in the last 4 years and smile because HE IS GOOD!  If you know anyone struggling and hurting today, let them know you care and let them know how much you love them. If you know someone who has lost all hope... well, just tell them to come read our story and maybe they will see things a little differently. Never give up on what you love, because HE never gives up on you. :)



13 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

So nice to see you pop in :) your story is a great reminder to people to fight for their marriages. Proud of you both! xox

The Life of Susan said...

beautifully written lyr. thank you! i needed this reminder today. :)

LeAnna said...

Amen, sister. Amen!

Lauren said...

beautiful post! hope your family is doing well!

Unknown said...

Very well put! It's a great reminder today. Thank you. =)

marisol said...

Great post!! May god continue to bless your marriage and family.

MSov11 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MSov11 said...

It was my first time reading your blog, and I have to say it was honest and beautiful. Thank you for this post!

Amy said...

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day! I just wanted to say that I love your blog. I love how your faith in the Lord just exudes from your writing. It gives me hope, and reminds me to always trust in His plan. Thanks for putting your words out to encourage others like me :)

Lauren said...

This is just so so beautiful!!!!!!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Lovely post! Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

artteacher said...

I miss reading your blog.

Ewa said...

This is really beautiful!